When clients want us to create them a video they typically say they need a video but have no idea what they actually want to create. I typically ask them these 12 questions to determine if they are ready for us to create a video. If they do not have the answers to these questions I ask them to put some more thought into it and I am more than happy to help. Creating a video before having answers to these 12 questions are destined to be ineffective and ultimately a poo ROI. After answering these 12 questions we move to our next phase, budget and design. Here I provide clients with a few solutions that fit within their budget and are aligned with the objectives identified in the 12 questions below.
- Why are you making the video? What’s the goal?
- Who is your primary target audience?
- What are you trying to say?
- What is your proof? Do you need it?
- Why should they care about it?
- How long does it need to be?
- Who should be in it?
- Where will it be seen?
- How are you going to drive viewers?
- What do you want them to do?
- How will you measure results?
- When is who doing what?
For more information about our video marketing process and some of our previous projects, please check out our Video Marketing