The SWOT Analysis is an invaluable exercises and tool I perform with clients I work with.
What Are Your Strengths?
- What advantages do we have to make the marketing goal a reality?
- What tools do we have available to help us reach the marketing goal?
- What unique differentiators will help us?
- What resources (people + time) will help us?
- How may we leverage our existing audience to reach the goal?
What Are Your Weaknesses?
- What improvements could we make?
- What’s not going so well right now?
- What factors may suck time away from the work we’d do to make the goal a reality?
- What tech limitations may prevent us from achieving the goal?
What Are Your Opportunities?
- What content isn’t our competition publishing?
- What kind of stories isn’t our competition sharing?
- What new trends could we capitalize upon?
- What could we do to get 10x results with 10% of the work?
What Are Your Threats?
- What market conditions (or audience sentiment) may prevent us from achieving the marketing goal?
- What are we doing that our competition is also doing?
- What is our competition currently doing better than us?
I find all too often business owners I meet do not go through this practice. It really should be done prior to starting your business, however I guess many people overlook it. It’s an exercise as well as a tool that I perform wit clients and I feel it gives me a better picture of their business and how I can help them with their marketing. I find the business owner is far too bias and performing this exercise, so having an outsider perform the SWOT analysis is invaluable.
So now you have a clear understanding what the factors that will make or break your success:
- Capitalize on your strengths + opportunities
- Mitigate your weaknesses + threats
If you would like some help growing your business I would love to help! Schedule an initial consultation today!